- 5G is here. What that means and how you can get it. Ushering in the mobile 5G era, AT&T announced that it will start selling a 5G wireless hotspot. It can offer speeds up to 400 megabits per second, which is way faster than most home
- Empresa ofrecerá envío de mercancía en vehículos autónomos. Las entregas de un supermercado en Arizona pronto se harán sin nadie tras el volante.
- Los problemas de un mundo tecnológico donde todo es fácil. Hace siete años, un Mark Zuckerberg más joven y desenfadado subió al escenario en la conferencia anual de desarrolladores de Facebook y anunció un gran cambio en el dise
- Tú puedes cambiar la industria tecnológica si decides ser un consumidor ético. Ser un consumidor de tecnología nunca había provocado tanto pesar como ahora. ¿Qué podemos hacer al respecto?
- The real scandals are the ones we aren't looking at. You’ve got to hand it to Mick Mulvaney for his creativity. It was a year ago the former congressman and current Trump administration budget director was appointed to make the Consumer Financial Protection
- CFPB moves to further ease enforcement on financial industry. The CFPB is proposing new rules surrounding “no-action letters”. The no-action letter is an assurance from the bureau that it won’t take action against a financial services provider for trying a
- Why do airlines block their customers on social media?. What can you do when your airline stops talking to you? That’s not a hypothetical question for Kate Sawma, who was recently blocked on social media by Frontier Airlines during a customer service
- Your apps know where you are (and aren't keeping it secret). Many consumers know that apps can track people’s movements. But as smartphones have become ubiquitous and technology more accurate, an industry of snooping on people’s daily habits has spread and grown
- Reporte: Uber emprende trámites para cotizar en bolsa. La compañía de taxis Uber ha presentado la documentación preliminar y confidencial para cotizar en bolsa, de acuerdo con un artículo publicado el viernes en The Wall Street
- Is Netflix’s ‘Friends’ deal the end of an online entertainment era?. Netflix has renegotiated a deal with production outfit Warner Bros. and its parent company AT&T/WarnerMedia for domestic rights to the show "Friends." The New York Times reported a
- Digital divide is wider than we think. According to the Federal Communications Commission, everyone in sprawling Ferry County has access to broadband internet. But that is not the reality experienced by the roughly 7,500 residents of this Washington county, which is
- How Trump appointees curbed a consumer protection agency. One year after Mick Mulvaney’s arrival, he and his political aides have constrained the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau from within, achieving what conservatives on Capitol Hill had for years been unable to do,
- This watchdog agency is smaller, quieter and less active under Trump. Under the Trump administration, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has seen its role diminished. “People wondered when I got — when I took the job if I was going to try and shut
- Tu celular es el enemigo de tu atención. Mientras tecleo esto, mi iPhone está escondido dentro del cajón de mi escritorio bajo llave. Ahí ha estado todo el día, completamente fuera de mi vista. Estoy un poco
- Recomendaciones de una periodista para cuidar tu privacidad en línea. ¿Cómo utilizan los periodistas de The New York Times la tecnología en sus empleos y su vida cotidiana? Kate Conger, reportera de temas tecnológicos para The New York
- Paper or digital? Consumer Action joins new campaign to protect consumers’ right to choose (Keep Me Posted North America launches today). Consumer Action joins new global advocacy campaign working for the right of every consumer to choose, free of charge, how they receive important information from their service providers—on paper or electronically.
- Is your holiday gift spying on you?. From baby monitors to drones, a new guide invites consumers to score products on a privacy scale that slides from "Not Creepy!" to "Super Creepy!" The guide is timely; as consumers
- Para sobrevivir a la siguiente era de la tecnología, frena y sé consciente. Hace casi cinco años, en mi primera columna de State of the Art, presenté un plan para sobrevivir a lo que se estaba convirtiendo en una época turbulenta en el mundo
- 2018’s Best credit cards for bad credit. By and large, secured cards are the best available option thanks to their low fees and easy approvals. While you should try to avoid paying interest by paying your card off in full every month,
- The FCC's controversial plan for unwanted robocalls, texts. The U.S. government said Tuesday that it plans to take aim at the scourge of unwelcome phone calls and spam text messages plaguing millions of consumers—but one of its proposals drew sharp