- Potential T-Mobile and Sprint merger falls apart. After years of talks and speculation, Sprint and T-Mobile announced Saturday that they have ended discussions about a merger. In a joint statement, the third- (T-Mobile) and fourth-largest (Sprint) wireless carriers in the U.S.
- Desconexión de cuenta de Twitter de Trump causa preocupación. Hubo aplausos y también expresiones de preocupación cuando la cuenta de Twitter de Donald Trump, un megáfono de la actual presidencia de Estados Unidos, desapareció durante varios minutos
- FCC Chair wants to cap program to help the poor afford phones, internet. Federal Communications Commission chair Ajit Pai is aiming to impose new caps on funding for Lifeline, a program to assist impoverished people living in the U.S. afford phone, cellular and internet access.
- Congressional Republicans use special manuever to kill ‘arbitration rule’. To secure a rare legislative victory this week, Senate Republicans turned to a strategy that has paid off for them in the recent past: killing policy rather than writing it. This time, Republicans took aim
- Honolulu multará a quienes crucen calles usando celulares. Honolulu se convirtió esta semana en la primera gran ciudad estadounidense en aprobar una ley que castigue a las personas que tienen la mirada puesta en sus celulares...
- Congress repeals rule to protect consumer rights to class action. A sad day for consumer rights! Republicans in Congress have decided: There will be no meaningful justice for consumers wronged by the wealthy and powerful.
- Trump’s pick for top consumer watchdog represented Microsoft and MasterCard. The White House said last week that President Trump intends to nominate Joseph Simons, a longtime expert in competition law, to head the Federal Trade Commission, America's top privacy and consumer protection agency. The
- Don’t strip service members of right to join class-action suits. Service members frequently are ordered to move, making it harder to learn if they’ve had their identities stolen or to spot red flags of fraud. Military consumers report identity theft at roughly double
- What to do if your financial information is stolen. Contrary to what movies portray, the most common crimes are not Taken-style abductions or home invasions, but the theft of personal information. "The most effective way to keep tabs on all of these
- After Equifax hack, calls for big changes In credit reporting. The Equifax security breach — the largest known theft of Social Security numbers in history — has lawmakers, prosecutors and identity theft victims angry with the company. The revelations have put a spotlight on the
- Waiting to upgrade to the iPhone 8? You’re not alone. We all know the drill: Each year, Apple introduces a new iPhone, and eager buyers rush to pick it up. At least, that's how it normally goes. But this year, the older model iPhone 7
- AT&T’s race against time to save its TV business. On Wednesday, AT&T told regulators that it expects to finish the quarter with about 90,000 fewer TV subscribers than it began with. AT&T blamed a number of issues, including hurricane
- Making the lives of cybercriminals and spies harder online. As a cybersecurity reporter, what do you do to secure your technology setup? Online, I make sure to use two-factor authentication whenever it is available. I use Gmail and Chrome’s web browser
- Muchos no recibieron las advertencias de emergencia en sus teléfonos celulares antes de los incendio. Los residentes de los condados de Napa y Sonoma dijeron que fueron alertados del desastre que se acercaba por los gritos frenéticos de los vecinos, bocinazos de los autos, por las alarmas de
- Google se centra en la inteligencia artificial de sus nuevos dispositivos. La presentación de los nuevos teléfonos, altavoces inteligentes y otros dispositivos de Google tuvo todas las características del típico lanzamiento de productos tecnológicos...
- Monopoly Man photobombs Senate hearing on Equifax. The Monopoly Man made an appearance at the Senate Banking Committee hearing on the massive Equifax data breach. Wearing a top hat, monocle, and white mustache, the character sat directly behind former Equifax (EFX)
- Best Buy bets on adults remotely monitoring aging parents. By 2020, 45 million Americans will be caring for 117 million seniors. The retailer offers a $29 monthly monitoring service using internet-connected gear. Jane Helgesen had a rough night recently, as nausea kept the 71-year-old retired nurse scurrying to
- Deciding the right path for shielding your credit report. In response to the breach, Equifax is now offering a year of free credit monitoring through its identity-theft prevention service, TrustedID Premier. The service gives you the option to freeze or lock your credit file
- Equifax calls for free credit locks. Experian’s reply? Nope.. When Equifax’s recently retired chief executive, Richard F. Smith, appeared before a panel of the House Energy and Commerce Committee Tuesday, he held himself out as a changed man. After decades of maintaining
- Netflix eleva precios para su plan más popular en EEUU. Netflix subirá 10% el precio de su plan más popular en Estados Unidos, una medida que podría aumentar sus ganancias pero a costa de frenar el crecimiento de sus suscriptores, que